Friday, June 25, 2010

First blocks of a quilt a long.

Well I am a little late but for the first week of the quilt a long at Amy's creative side, here are the first two blocks of the sampler quilt.


I am doing this particular quilt for my son. The fabric being used is from The man of the house's discarded work shirts. (discarded due to buttons that can no linger be replaced, laundry stains and other blemishes that leave the fabric is good shape but they are no longer fit for his wearing to work.) H is thrill with what he has seen so far, and is oddly thrilled (exceptionally so) with getting a quilt made from work shirts. Yes we are a weird bunch, each for our own reasons. ;)

-The head Wench.

12 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! I'm so glad your boy is so excited - it's going to be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea. The blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! he will cherish it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use the shirts! Can't wait to see your other blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea. Your blocks look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! This will be a special project for you...and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are repurposing the old shirts. A great gift for your son, to remind him of his dad, and you (since you made it). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea!! Love your blocks so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a boy for you. I just love your blocks and the whole idea around it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well your son will love these fabrics!

    hugz, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea ...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! I also used old shirts,I'm glad somone else is,I thought I would be the only one untill I got to your blog , now I feel better, good for you !!

    ReplyDelete