Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday running

Yesterday the girls' and I found a good starter stick for our season tree.  It is the living room and partly decorated.
Now you will notice that the ghosts look like they have tags.  My wenchy knock off decided that there should be a ghost for each member of the family.  She put name tags on them and for Halloween has dubbed our season tree the "our dead family tree".  This morning it seems my 'ghost' had fallen off the tree over night and a certain young one started making 'I've fallen and can't get up' jokes.

This morning we went to the farmer's market.  A giant head of cabbage and a giant french pumpkin begged to come home with us.
Like I said, they are seriously big!  That is my littlest, Miss M, in the picture just to show size.  She is seven.  The head of cabbage is actually bigger around than her head.

I had to take part of the cabbage's head off to fit it into the veggie drawer.  What I cut off I have started an attempt at sauerkraut.  Hopefully it will ferment well.  The gentleman of the house and I love our sauerkraut.

The pumpkin has me a little stumped past making some pumpkin butter.  I would do pies and such if it wasn't for the lack of gluten free flour in the house.  I'll figure it all out.

-The head Wench.

No comments:

Post a Comment