Friday, February 10, 2012

Project supply drop off!

The fates are being kind to me for the moment.  I think they are taking pity on me for all the insanity that is going on in my life right now.  At least one can hope, right?

On such a gray and gloomy day the mailman knocked on the door.  I feel sorry for him having to be out in such nasty weather.  The sky can't decide if it should be dropping ice pellets, snow or rain so it seems to think it should dump all the above at once.

At top is lava heather, left is serrano, and right is deep waters and pearlescent

All three are luscious yarns that are soft as can be!  Lava heather and serrano are both machine washable, so bonus points there.

Serrano is going into a project that I am making at the request of my Aunt.  She needs to give a special gift.  And I get to have fun stretching my wings with writing a pattern.  Win, win!

Lava heather is going into my first adult sized sweater.  I've made kid size sweaters for gifts.  Now I am going to spoil myself.  The pattern practical procrastination is the one I settled on.  It is a nice simple pull over in a raglan style.  I love raglan!  No seams!  Perfect for me as I *hate* seaming knit items.  At least anything larger then a knit toy.  Seaming anything large drives me batty.

Deep waters and pearlescent are going into a nice part fashionable and part practical (in a mild winter) scarf for myself.  I have been drooling over the Faucett scarf in the latest issue of knitty!  So, that is the scarf that I am doing.  I love knitty and if you are a knitter who hasn't heard of it you should go and explore the free patterns.  :)

Top is a pair of new 32" cables, middle is a set of cable connectors, and at the bottom is a pair of 60" cables.

Honestly if I can't finish up the last big Christmas project, with the cables and cable connectors so I can give it to my dad then I am a lost cause.  At least these are brand new cables so they shouldn't die in the middle of my knitting.  And if they do knitpicks is *very* good (and super fast) at replacing things.  I have only had trouble with one thing in the years I have been ordering from them and they were very nice about it all and very easy to work with.

This is the start of the arm warmers I and making for Miss M.

Miss M has a nervous habit.  She has a spot on her arm that she pinches and picks at when things get nuts.  Well life is very nuts here right now so she is having issues and needs mental barrier. She likes to wear short sleeve shirts so I am making her a pair of super soft arm warmers to cover her arms as she won't mess with her arms when they are covered.  I am using a ball of left over yarn from the finger-less mitts I made my niece little Miss K for Christmas.  The yarn is sprinkle heather which is a lovely blue purple, though in this picture it comes off more of a pink purple.  I'm planning on making a pair of clips so that I can fasten these to her short sleeves so they don't slide down.  They will be finger less mitt style on the hand end so they won't be super easy to slide up.  I decided to use a mock cable rib for the main knitted area to give it some visual interest.  So far Miss M is thrill to watch the progress.

-The head Wench

No comments:

Post a Comment